In 1959, Giovanni Grasso founded the first company, which still carries his name. It was initially dedicated to the construction of moulds for plates and equipment for Turin's car industry, which was booming at the time.
In the 60s, the company also began pressing metal parts on behalf of third parties; this activity ceased in 1968.
In the 80s, the company started to move away from the automotive industry and began producing individual parts in small series and positioning equipment.
In 1985, the company invested in the highly innovative EDM technique – a pioneering technology at the time. It started with wire EDM and then also sinking EDM, directly constructing the equipment and electrodes needed to create the part.
To this day, EDM represents the "core business" of GRASSO GIOVANNI.
Plant Via Vajont, 90
Cascine Vica, Rivoli (TO)
1995 was the year in which the company completed its transition from the automotive industry to the one it currently operates in.
In 2000, at the same time in which the second company, MECCANICA GRASSO, was founded, the company obtained its first certifications; since then it has continuously complied with these and has obtained all the certifications it has at present.
Our constantly updated machinery and state-of-the-art technology set us apart in terms of effectiveness and competitiveness. We create small and medium-sized parts with strict tolerance for quality and an excellent level of surface finishing which has been improved in recent years by the creation of finished products and complex “turnkey” systems, tested, certified and packed for delivery to the customer.